30 Super Simple ways to live stress-free
The best place for stress to be is away from you! So, keep it at bay by living a life that allows no room for it to sneak in. If it does start coming in, act quickly so you don’t give it room to settle. Here are some fresh tips to keep your days stress-free.
1. End toxic relationships. Take inventory. Do you have people in your inner sphere who consistently take while adding little or no value to you? Hmmm, maybe they don’t need to be in your inner circle.
2. Detox. You know the saying… garbage in- garbage out. How about no garbage.
3. Get more rest. Most Americans don’t get nearly as much rest as they need. Do yourself a favor and give your body and your mind what it needs: more rest & less stress.
4. Make it a point to laugh more.
5. Write 10 things YOU like about yourself that have nothing to do with your looks or your finances.
6. Eat healthy. If you’re on the go like most of us, there’s a high probability that you’re not eating the healthiest foods. Processed foods affect us physically and mentally. So, if making a complete life style shift with your eatting habits is too drastic, make an effort to minimize how many times you allow yourself to indulge in a week or a month.
7. Be adventurous & do something you have never done before.
8. Take time each day to express gratitude to God and focus on your blessings.
9. Do something fun and active… bike ride, take a walk on the beach, take a hike in the mountains, go rock climbing, etc.
10. Take time to re-connect with friends and family.
11. Play with your pet. A study showed that the heart rates of people went down when they were engaging with their pets. So, spend more time with Fido or Rascal.
12. Get out of dodge for a day & take a road trip.
13. Get a massage (one of my favs!!).
14. Journal. There is something magical about releasing your feelings on paper. Clarity comes and peace settles in.
15. Make Smiling a habit.
16. Find someone to bless.
17. Listen to classical music or soaking music. Both relax your body and mind.
18. Rearrange your furniture to get a new perspective.
19. Disconnect with your regular environment. Sometimes doing something different is like a fresh wind.
20. Go to a museum, art show or someplace where creativity is unleashed.
21. Say no– if you are a people pleaser.
22. Treat yourself to something under $5.
23. Get a Hug. Give a Hug.
24. Help someone less fortunate.
25. Be mindful of your state of mind. When you start focusing on whats wrong/bad- intentionally re-focus on whats right/good.
26. Have a loved one give you a 5 minute hand or foot massage.
27. Get out in nature and enjoy it.
28. Do some deep stretching to release the tension in your muscles.
29. Get solution-minded.
30. Exercise ’til you sweat!
What new things will you start incorporating in your daily schedule to help you live stress-free?