THIS is the year we are going to accomplish our goals!
Whatever your goal- no matter how big or small, your success teeters on one thing: your mindset.
To keep yourself running strong- remember to keep both your actions and mindset by maintaining laser-focus on the end goal.
Stay on the right path by avoiding these deceptively subtle mindsets…
1) Waiting for others to Approve If you have a dream that seems so outrageous you find yourself hesitating to tell others– fearing you’ll get ‘the look‘, then consider yourself an up-&-coming member of the “visionaries who are leaders in their field” club.
You need no ones’s permission or approval to move forth in what God placed in your heart. Waiting for the approval of others will just keep you imprisoned in stagnation & delay the manifestation of your dream.
Every big dream starts with the others not quite approving, or believing you can do it.
But, that’s okay because your destiny is YOUR destiny. So, don’t expect or wait for others to understand or cheer you on. In fact, if you haven’t gotten the blank stare (as if they are thinking, “too bad she finally just tipped over the sanity line“, then well, your idea/goal is probably not big enough.
Why? Because bodacious, out-of-the-box, wonderful ideas get crazy looks- crazy looks of non-approval. So, when you have dreams you are ready to put wings to, expect for people to look at you like your nuts. In fact, be happy about it- baby, thats just confirmation!! Don’t wait for others to affirm you- affirm yourself; knowing that the God who created you and placed the dreams in you totally affirms you.
2) Waiting for the perfect time Can I let you in on a secret? There is never a ‘perfect time‘ when all your ducks line up in a sweet, perfect little row and all is in complete alignment. However, there is always a right time; and the right time is always NOW.
The moment your grand vision or goal is dropped in your heart is the very moment you need to start cultivating it. Cultivating and preparing the ground for the idea/seed to be planted can be done immediately.
It is so important to apprehend the momentum of the moment by putting some action behind it. It doesn’t have to be a monumental move. It can be research, securing a business name, making contacts at your dream company, joining an association of professionals doing what you dream to do. Something powerful happens when you decide to put some action behind the goal. God’s timing is always impeccable. So, move when He speaks.
3) Thinking you have to have the full plan. Oh my lovely one. Dear, dear, love. So, you’re waiting for the full plan? Hmmm, I hate to break it to you but, there is no master plan waiting for you… just The Master with the plan. Herein is the risky part that scares people.
Start off creating the plan as you begin, doing what you know, following the gurus, researching and believing. Then somehow, it just happens. The best you can do is make wise decisions based on the information you have attained and have access to. Then it’s time to dive in.
4) Comparing yourself to others. At one time or another we all fall into this trap. I pinch myself when I see myself going down this road. Why? Because it never makes sense. There is enough room in this world for everyone’s gift and the unique fingerprint on that gift.
God created such a dynamic variety of people. So, regardless of how many people out there appear to be better, more talented or more experienced- remember that only YOUR specific personality, gift, vision, journey and purpose can connect with that group who can best relate to YOU. Being able to relate to others in a specific way is the biggest key to your success in business, life and career.
So, forget Jimmy-the-Genius and Perfect-Patty & focus on being comfortable creating and cultivating the best you that you can.
People, companies and communities are waiting for what only you can offer. So, when thinking of your dream- don’t think of it as replicating someone else’s dream or idea. Simply allow your authentic self to show.
You’ll bring a fresh new spin to the segment of the market that is waiting to find someone to resonate with.
5) Measuring your ability to succeed based on your past failures. Our ‘failures’ are simply our ‘learning opportunities’. These opportunities, if recognized, can makes us wiser, more discerning and ultimately more prepared to succeed at future endeavors.
So, although it seems counter-intuitive– be thankful for these learning opportunities. You would not be the fabulous, wise person you are today without those expereinces. The little nuggets of wisdom you learned and earned will pave the way to your future successes.
Coming to terms with your past also means accepting that your past in no way determines your future. Tim Allen, 50 Cent, Danny Trejo and Christian Slater can attest to this. All four men served time and somehow still managed to become widely-recognized stars.
Hmmm, so there are no excuses, my love. Unleash your success & happiness now. Start by changing your mindset.
If this information was helpful, please share the good news with friends!